Financial Aid and Student Accounts

  • What type of financial aid is available to me?

    Students fund their educations in a variety of ways, typical sources include: Federal Financial Aid in the form of loans and grants; private commercial loans; private scholarships; and employer re-imbursements. Students who wish to apply for Federal Financial Aid should begin by filling out the U.S. Department of Education's Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which may be found online at Once financial aid information is processed by Catholic University's Financial Aid Office, students will be notified of their loan eligibility via an award letter. For additional information, please visit the Financial Aid website or contact the office directly via e-mail or phone 202-319-5307.

    Student seeking to finance their education via private commercial loans and/or private scholarships are invited to visit the MSPS Financial Resources page to learn more about the resources available. If your employer is funding part or all of your education, you are welcome to contact the 3rd party billing officer in the Office of Enrollment Services at 202-319-5300.

  • Are there payment plans available for my tuition and fees?

    Yes. A monthly payment plan is available through Tuition Management Systems (TMS). Explore TMS online at or call toll-free at 1-800-722-4867. For additional information on billing and payment, please visit the Enrollment Services website or contact the Office of Enrollment Services directly at 202-319-5300.

  • Is there a way for me to pay my bill online?

    Yes. In fact, you will not be receiving paper bills! To view your student account, confirm your balance owed, and pay your balance log onto the Cardinal Pay system. To learn more about Cardinal Pay, please visit 

Academic and Research Resources

  • How do I access the campus library?

    Catholic University's libraries are home to a vast number of resources provided to CUA students in order to enhance and enrich their learning experience. Students are welcome to visit the libraries or access them remotely from off-campus. To use the library remotely, simply go to and log into the ALADIN system with your 7-digit student ID number. Once logged in, you can select your desired database by either using the alphabet listing or selecting the subject that best fits your topic. Within each database multiple searches are made easy with options such as the keyword search, author search, title search, and journal search.

    For additional information and hours of operation please visit the Libraries website or contact the libraries directly via

  •  What kind of academic assistance is available on campus?

    The Catholic University of America offers a variety of resources for helping students succeed in their studies. Specifically, there are two main resources for academic help: the Center for Academic Success (CAS) ) and the CUA Writing Center.

    The Center for Academic Success provides students with individualized academic support. Resources available include tutoring, individual study skills counseling, and academic skills seminars. A complete schedule of workshops as well as additional information is available by visiting the CAS website or by contacting the center directly via phone 202-319-5655.

    The Writing Center is a free, confidential service, administered by the English Department, providing enrolled Catholic University's students with one-on-one tutoring for all writing projects. Appointments are strongly recommended and weekend hours are available; however, walk-ins are always welcome when space is available. For additional information and hours of operation please visit the Writing Center website or contact the center directly via phone 202-319-4286.

  • Is there a way for me to view my academic progress online?

    Yes. All registered students are provided with a username and password for the Cardinal Station student portal. Once you log in to Cardinal Station, you can view your unofficial academic transcript, view your grades, obtain a copy of your class schedule, review your bill, and much more!

    For additional information about Cardinal Station please visit the Technology Services website or contact the office directly via e-mail or phone 202-319-4357.

Health and Medical

  • Am I required to provide immunization records?

    Immunization records for students under the age of 26 must be submitted to Student Health Services at time of enrollment. Late fees will be imposed if records are not received by the appropriate deadlines. For deadline dates and additional information, please visit Student Health Services in the Eugene I. Kane Student Health and Fitness Center or contact Dr. Loretta Staudt at (202) 319-5744. Student health website:

  • Am I required to sign up for the student medical insurance?

    All full-time and international Catholic University's students will automatically be billed for health insurance. Therefore, if you do not wish to purchase Catholic University's student health insurance, you must complete the insurance waiver at  by the appropriate deadlines. The website details waiver instructions for both full time and part time students. Should you have any questions about health insurance coverage or the waiver process, please feel free to call the Catholic University's student health insurance hotline at (202) 299-CUA1 or visit

Special Services

  • Will I need a campus ID?

    Yes. Once registered, new students are welcome to visit the Department of Public Safety to request their Cardinal ID Card. The CUA ID Card has several functions and can be used to gain access to the libraries (both remotely and in-person) and student facilities on campus. Additionally, students may add funds to their Cardinal ID Card and purchase items on campus and at select off-campus locations. For more information about this Cardinal Card function, please visit the Cardinal Card website.

  • Are services provided for students with disabilities?

    Yes. Students with disabilities are encouraged to register with Disability Support Services (DSS) as soon as possible as documentation and eligibility are required before services can be provided. All necessary forms (which may be obtained in the DSS office) should be completed and submitted prior to a student's arrival on campus. For more information, please visit the DSS website or contact the office directly via e-mail, phone 202-319-5211, or TTY 202-299-2899.

  • What are the technology services like at CUA?

    Catholic University recognizes that information technology is an integral part of the learning process, and students are given as many opportunities as possible to bolster their learning with helpful technologies. For students using personal laptops, wireless networking is provided throughout campus at various locations such as the Pryzbyla University Center, Mullen Library, the Columbus School of Law, the Crough Center (School of Architecture), Pangborn Hall, and portions of Maloney Hall. There are also several open computer labs across campus. Students have access to the CUA network and to the CUA Cardinal Station system (student portal) via personal account usernames ands passwords. Additionally, students can take advantage of other opportunities including web folders and personal websites and learning management tools such as Blackboard.

    For additional information please visit the Technology Services website or contact the office directly via e-mail or phone 202-319-4357.

Professional Development

  • Is there a campus resource for helping me with my career development needs?

    Yes. MSPS strives to deliver an unparalleled level of service to working professionals. This commitment to service includes the Student Development Series (SDS) - a menu of professional, personal, and academic development programs including job fairs, networking events, and developmental seminars facilitated by content experts and provided free of charge. Seminar topics include job search skills (e.g., résumé and cover letters, interviewing, networking, etc.), study and research skills (e.g., writing, researching, memory improvement, test-taking, note-taking, etc.), stress management, and more! Additionally, students are invited to participate in university-wide student groups such as the Graduate Student Association, the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM) student chapter, the Metro Vine etc.

    For additional information on student organizations, please visit the student organization page. Information about other Catholic University's student organizations is available on the university programs website.

Career Services

  • Is there a campus resource for helping me with my career development needs?

    Yes. Catholic University's Career Services Office works to help students and alumni plan, prepare, and achieve their career goals. The numerous resources made available to students through career services, such as career counseling, résumé and cover letter critiques and interview preparation, aim to enhance students' job search skills by giving them the tools they need to find employment and prepare for graduate school. Students are also welcome to practice interviewing skills with counselors. E-mail and telephone counseling sessions are also available.

    For additional information please visit the Career Services website or contact the office directly via e-mail or phone 202-319-5623.

Dining Services

  • Are there areas to eat a meal or grab a quick bite on campus?

    Yes. Students are welcome to dine in the student restaurant, grab a quick bite in the food court, or pick up a snack in the convenience store - facilities are located in the Pryzbyla Student Center. For additional information and hours of operation please visit or contact the Dining Services office directly via e-mail or phone 202-319-5295.