Veteran Rapid Retraining Assistance Program (VRRAP) Programs in Washington DC
The Catholic University of America's Metropolitan School of Professional Studies (MSPS) has several degree and certificate programs that are eligible for the Veteran Rapid Retraining Assistance Program (VRRAP) Program. Courses may be taken online or in-person in Washington, DC or Alexandria, VA. Eligible veterans can receive education benefits equal to the Post 9/11 GI Bill (including tuition costs and housing stipends) for up to one year, with the aim of learning a new skill or completing a certificate program during that time. This program provides BAH at an E-5 pay rate to cover expenses while taking classes.
Eligible courses of study:
Associates of Arts in Human Services AdministrationAssociates of Arts in Paralegal StudiesCertificate in Information Technology
Am I eligible for this program?
To be eligible for this Veterans program, you must meet all the requirements listed here.
All of these must be true. You’re:
- At least 22 years old, but not older than 66, and
- Unemployed because of the COVID-19 pandemic, and
- Not rated as totally disabled because you can't work, and
- Not enrolled in a federal or state jobs program
- Note: You can't receive VRRAP benefits at the same time as you're receiving unemployment benefits (including CARES Act benefits).
You can get VRRAP benefits if you were at one time eligible for the Post-9/11 GI Bill but have transferred the entirety of your benefits to family members.
To apply for VRRAP, go to:
Contact Lashay Long, Director of Admissions, to see if you are eligible.