A high school diploma must be awarded at least 5 years prior to applying for an undergraduate program. Standardized test scores are not required. Official transcripts from former colleges/universities are required for additional transfer credits. One letter of recommendation, a resume, a 250-500 word statement of intent (describing professional goals/honors and the reason for applying to MSPS) are required in order to complete an application review.
Students who otherwise possess the academic and technical qualifications to be admitted as a student into MSPS but who lack previous successful experience, or whose documentation is incomplete, may receive provisional admittance until they successfully complete 12 credit hours of part-time study, or one semester of full-time study, at which time the student's progress will be reviewed and, if judged satisfactory, the student's admittance may be changed to regular admittance. At that point, all pertinent documentation must be on file.
We are accepting applications for the fall, spring, and summer semesters. Receive an admissions decision within one business week of completing your application. Apply for an application fee waiver by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirements for Bachelor's Programs
- Online application with non-refundable fees (applicants who attend an information session, or meet with an admissions counselor, are eligible to receive an application fee waiver).
- Official transcripts from high school or the GED. You may use our Transcript Request Form. Simply complete the form and send it to the high school you attended.
- Official transcripts of previous colleges attended. You may use our Transcript Request Form. Simply complete the form and send it to the college(s) you attended.
- Current résumé of professional experience.
- Brief description of educational and career goals. This requirement is addressed in the application that you complete.
- Letter of recommendation required. Recommendation forms are available here.
- Please submit a 250 to 500-word essay describing your educational, career and/or personal goals. You are welcome to share professional accomplishments, personal stories or any other information that best describes your reasons for wanting to attend The Metropolitan School of Professional Studies.
- A pre-admission interview with a counselor, if requested by the admissions team.
The submission of College Level Entrance Program (CLEP) scores, Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) scores, and a curriculum vitae are encouraged and may be helpful when discussing the student's educational history and objectives.