At MSPS we are committed to helping students of all backgrounds afford an education and graduate with minimal loans. We offer a number of scholarship programs and work closely with the Office of Financial Aid to ensure that costs are manageable for each student.
MSPS Contact: Financial Aid at 202-319-5307
MSPS Undergraduate Scholarships
- Sheehy Scholarship: The Sheehy Scholarship is endowed by Dr. Vincent A. Sheehy, a Catholic University's Alumnus and prominent Washingtonian. The Scholarship is designed to assist non-traditional students complete their first undergraduate degree and is exclusively for MSPS students. Students who wish to be considered must apply each academic year. Award amounts vary based on these criteria: financial need, Catholic University's course success (GPA), and academic progress (total number of credits completed). Since its inception in 1993, over 1200 MSPS students have benefited from Dr. Sheehy’s generosity and dedication to the mission and vision of The Catholic University of America. Please see the application form for more information on this prestigious scholarship. The application deadline for current students is June 16 2017 for the upcoming academic year. Application available here. New students for Fall 2017, please contact your advisor on how to apply.
- Community College Transfer Scholarship: Please contact an Admissions Counselor for the application form.
- Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship: In continuing the mission of Phi Theta Kappa (PTK) to provide its members with opportunities to grow “as scholars and leaders,” the Metropolitan School of Professional Studies offers two scholarships each semester to members of PTK. The awards are for $1000 for two semesters (including summers) in addition to the Community College Transfer Scholarships available to all graduates of community colleges. The PTK scholarship is designed to recognize the achievements and character of PTK members, and as such it is a competitive scholarship that is awarded on the basis of academic merit and quality of essay. Applicants must also apply to the Community College Transfer Scholarship above. To apply for the PTK Scholarship, students should submit a completed FAFSA, complete the application for the Community College Transfer Scholarship, and indicate their interest in the PTK Scholarship in their essays.
- Paralegal Studies Scholarship: Please see the application form for more information on this scholarship. Application available here.
MSPS Graduate Scholarships
- Alumni Scholarship for MSPS Graduate Students: Please contact an Admissions Counselor for the application form.
- Dean's Fall 2017 Scholarship for New Graduate Students: New students accepted to a MSPS graduate program in Health Administration, Emergency Service Administration, or Social Service Administration are eligible to apply for a one-time $2000 tuition scholarship for the 2017-2018 academic year. Please contact an admissions counselor for details.
FAFSA and Federal Aid
A FAFSA must be completed to qualify for federal financial aid or any MSPS scholarship programs. The federal government offers a number of grant and loan programs including but not limited to: Pell Grants, Perkins Loans, subsidized and unsubsidized Stafford Loans, and GraduatePLUS loans.
Special Opportunities for Groups
Federal Academic Alliance
The Federal Government welcomes Metropolitan School of Professional Studies - Catholic University alliance because we understand the needs of adult learners. With our online learning model, you can take courses where and when they fit into your schedule.Learn More
Private Loan Sources
Note: These lenders serve as an example of private loan providers. We encourage students to work with the financial aid office and conduct their own research in choosing a loan provider of their choice.
State Financial Assistance Resources
Free Scholarship Search Sites
- FastWeb Scholarship Search
- Peterson's Scholarship Search
- Collegeboard Fund Finder
- Scholarships.com LLC
- Military.com Scholarship Finder
- Princeton Review Scholarship Search
- US Colleges Scholarships & Grants
Note: These websites are suggestions for places to start your search.