Anyone over the age of 21 years who graduated from an accredited high school, completed the General Educational Development Test (GED) successfully, or who has successfully completed some work in an accredited institution of higher learning may apply for admission to the Metropolitan School of Professional Studies (MSPS).
Students who otherwise possess the academic and technical qualifications to be admitted as a student into MSPS but who lack previous successful experience, or whose documentation is incomplete, may receive provisional admittance until they successfully complete 12 credit hours of part-time study, or one semester of full-time study, at which time the student's progress will be reviewed and, if judged satisfactory, the student's admittance may be changed to regular admittance. At that point, all pertinent documentation must be on file.
Requirements for Bachelor's Programs
- Online application with non-refundable fees (applicants who attend an information session, or meet with an admissions counselor, are eligible to receive an application fee waiver).
- Official transcripts from high school or the GED. You may use our Transcript Request Form. Simply complete the form and send it to the high school you attended.
- Official transcripts of previous colleges attended. You may use our Transcript Request Form. Simply complete the form and send it to the college(s) you attended.
- Current résumé of professional experience.
- Brief description of educational and career goals. This requirement is addressed in the application that you complete.
- Letter of recommendation required. Recommendation forms are available here.
- A pre-admission interview with a counselor, if requested by the admissions team.
The submission of College Level Entrance Program (CLEP) scores, Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) scores, and a curriculum vitae are encouraged and may be helpful when discussing the student's educational history and objectives.