At the Metropolitan School of Professional Studies, we are passionate about helping adults pursue their education while balancing the pressures of work and family life. MSPS accepts applications on a rolling basis. Students may start a program in any semester.
We offer three bachelor's degree programs:
- Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies - With Majors in Social Science, Social Work or Interdisciplinary Studies.
- Bachelor of Arts in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Arts in Human Services
Our programs are designed specifically to address the personal, professional and career needs of working adults. To this end, MSPS offers:
- evening, accelerated and online courses
- practical, applications-based coursework
- opportunities to gain undergraduate credit for college-level learning acquired through work and life experience (Prior Learning Assessment)
- flexible transfer credit policy (we may accept up to 84 credits -- view our Transfer Credit Policy here)
- opportunities for accelerated transitions to our Master's degree programs (2+1)
- convenient location on Metrorail Red Line and on-campus parking
- tuition discounts and need-based scholarships
- students who transfer in 84 credits may earn a Bachelor of Arts in Interdisciplinary Studies degree completely online.
At the heart of our degree programs is a robust core curriculum designed to provide a strong "liberal arts" education. The liberal education core affords students a particularly broad and engaging educational experience.
In addition to unique curricular features, MSPS programs offer another benefit that will make completing your degree a reality: excellent customer/student service. Prospective students who would like to explore some of MSPS's many student service offerings are welcome to visit our online Student Services Web portal.
Tuition for Undergraduate Programs at MSPS is $1020 per credit hour. We have several financial aid options and three different scholarships available exclusively for MSPS students. Visit our Tuition and Fees page for detailed information on Tuition and Fees, and our Financial Assistance page for information on how to finance your education.
Interdisciplinary Studies (B.A.I.S.)
The B.A.I.S. is the ideal choice for those wishing to gain exposure to a broad range of subject areas, to customize a degree program of particular interest, or to major in either Social Science or Social Work. The program is distinguished by its particularly strong foundation in liberal education and curricular flexibility.Learn More
Information Technology (B.A.I.T.)
The B.A.I.T. degree program provides an ideal education to those interested in developing a career in information technology. The program offers a strong liberal arts foundation, along with in-depth exposure to a wide range of information technology (IT) concepts, practices, and technologies.Learn More
Human Services (B.A.)
This program is designed to provide adult students with a deep, practical understanding of the human services field grounded in a diverse liberal arts education. The program is a fit for adult students with an Associate’s degree, transfer students attempting to attain a Bachelor’s degree, working professionals needing a B.A. to advance in the field, and/or professionals attempting to enter into the human services field.Learn More